In this clip Marie shows us the proper way to wire a spray rose.
- Use your snippers or knife to cut off 1 spray rose right below the calyx.
- Cut a 5”-6” piece of wire.
- Insert cut wire right into the calyx.
- Pull the wire until its half through the calyx (you should have an equal length of wire on either side of the calyx.
- Cover the exposed wire with florist tape.
the sepals of a flower, typically forming a whorl that encloses the petals and forms a protective layer around a flower in bud.